anyway, i just found this off of one of the blogs that i subscribe to, and i thought this one sounded interesting...different from what i usually see out there...so here goes:
1.How old do you wish you were? 40...i know this is odd because i'm not quite 38 (will be on nov 11!) but i just think 40 sounds like such an awesome age! especially as a woman. i tend to view age in conjunction with wisdom, and so i guess i am hoping i'll feel wiser at 40, LOL!!
2.Where were you when 9/11 happened? we were asleep and my husband's mother called us and told us about the first tower...we got out of bed and watched the news in shock and saw the second tower go. i didn't turn the tv off at all during the day for at least a week straight...
3.What do you do when vending machines steal your money? if its outside a store, i go inside and tell them usually, and ask if i can get a refund. or else i just shrug and am thankful it wasn't a lot of money and move on.
4.Do you consider yourself kind? i like to think so...there are definitely times i don't believe i am.
5. If you had to get a tattoo, where and what would it be? maybe on my back, shoulderblade...not sure what. i had really wanted one there, or on my upper arm, for a long time (pre-kids)...was thinking about a globe with dolphins swimming around it with a vine or something earthy...but never could make up my mind so i never did it.
6. If you could be fluent in any other language what would it be? definitely spanish (because its the most useful in california) or sign language...i still hope someday to be.
7. Do you know your neighbors? not really. on one side of us are some nice renters--young 20somethings (all boys), who like to throw parties but are very respectful of us about it...and on the other side a family consisting of an older couple and their daughter, i think? and her 3 young boys...the grandpa is a convicted rapist so we keep our distance. someone who knew him tipped us off years after we'd lived there and i confirmed it on the megan's law website. very unnerving, lemme tell ya! across the street is a stand-offish armenian family that we don't know at all, and next to them we are on the 4th dysfunctional family of renters with children...every one of them have had screaming matches in their driveway and the cops have visited more than once (just yesterday even!) lovely, eh?
8. What do you consider a vacation? not having to cook or clean. the ultimate vacation would be not having to run after kids...but i know i'm nowhere near ready for that yet (not ready to trust someone that completely with them for an extended period of time yet.)
9. Do you follow your horoscope? no, don't care, don't believe that stuff.
10. Would you move for the person you loved? absolutely. i love moving! all the new possibilities excite the hell outta me. sadly, i may never get to move again, since i married someone who is still living in the city he was born and raised in and is NOT at all comfortable with what i see as an adventure (pick up and move somewhere brand new!). but that's another long post entirely.
11. Are you touchy feely? not hugely, but i'm not NOT touchy feely...i think i only am with those that i am pretty sure are ok with it...people i know pretty well. and i can't stand people i don't know really well that are touchy feely with me. too forward, thankyou.
12. Do you believe that opposites attract? sure, just look at me and adam. we are pretty dang opposite in so many ways.
13. Dream job? oh gosh, i have many...kids party dj, founder/director of an alternative education preschool (maybe even elementary too!), founder/director of a summer day camp, naturalist taking groups of children and adults on educational trails in nature for hands-on learning...i digress...
14. Favorite channels? PBS!
15. Favorite place to go on a weekend? don't usually go anywhere on weekends, but we have fun at bounce u when we are able to go! if i could get us off our duffs, i'd like to start taking the family regularly to yosemite!
16.Showers or Bath? showers...i don't know what's wrong with me but i really don't enjoy baths usually.
17. Do you paint your nails? nope, don't care that much. feel too froo froo if i do. but sometimes i like to feel froo-froo (like once every couple years, LOL!)
18.Do you trust people easily? usually, yes
19.What are your phobias? just one, something bad happening to my kids
20.Do you want kids? 2 is enough, thank you
21. Do you keep a handwritten journal? yup, have since i was a teen
22.Where would you rather be right now? new england sounds lovely
23.What makes you feel warm and safe? hmmm, not sure, have to think about that
24. Heavy or light sleep? always been a light sleeper
25.Are you paranoid? sometimes but i can usually talk myself out of it
26. Are you impatient? oh hell ya!
27. Who can you relate to? overwhelmed moms
28. How do you feel about interracial couples? no problem.
29. Have you been burned by love? in the past, sure, who hasn't?
30. What’s your life motto? whatever works
31. What's your main ringtone on your mobile? just got a new phone so its some default one, but i'm trying to get my kitten meow one that i had on my old phone...no one else seems to use that one and i like that.
32. What were you doing at midnight last night? sleeping, or nearly asleep.
33. Who was your last text message from? my brother-in-law rob, telling me he what time he was coming over to work on our house (he's helping us remodel)
34.Whose bed did you sleep in last night? our family bed
35. What color shirt are you wearing? white with blue flowers
36. Most recent movie you watched? uhhh, hell if i can remember...i watch them so seldom
37. Name five things you have on you at all times? i don't think i can...because i don't wear jewelry or a watch, or even underwear all the time (not out in public, just home, don't worry, LOL!) and i don't always have a pocket for my cell...and i can't fit into my wedding ring since pregnancy so...there's really nothing consistant.
38. What color are your bed sheets? white with brown pinecones right now.
39. How much cash do you have on you right now? none
40. What is your favorite part of chicken? boneless breasts or the keel
41. What's your favorite town/city? sacramento, california (i wish i could move back!)
42. Who got you to join MySpace? my friend april, because she blogs on there and the only way i can read it is as a member. i HATE myspace!
43. What did you have for dinner last night? pasta
44. How tall are you barefoot? 5' 6"
45. Have you ever smoked crack? no way!
46. Do you own a gun? no...never will
47. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? OJ
48. What is your secret weapon to lure in the opposite sex? no relevant anymore, happily married!
49. Do you have A.D.D.? i suspect so
50. What time did you wake up today? 7amish (thanks to tyren)
51. Current worry? always my children, and also my husband...their safety and health
52. Current hate? trashy people who have no respect for anything, including their own children
53. Favorite place to be? sitting at my computer unhindered at night, kids in bed
54. Where would you like to travel? all over the world...i've already traveled the world a lot, but i want to do it more and to expose my children to the world's wonders.
55. Where do you think you'll be in 10 yrs? hoping to be better off financially and in a neighborhood and home i can be happy about (better yet, in a town i can be happy about)
56. Last thing you ate? toast w/jam (odd dinner, eh?)
57. What songs do you sing in the shower? don't sing in the shower
60. Does someone have a crush on you? i highly doubt it.
61. What is your favorite candy? reeses p'nut butter cups or butterfingers.
62. I can't wait til..? my life reaches a point of stability where i'm not so stressed all the time...presumably when my kids are older (although i do not want to rush their younger years...its still a helluva lot of work and stress!)